Grant Writing Coordinator (Contract)
DoGood Fundraising Solutions is a fundraising company which provides impactful non-profits, charities, and social enterprises with customized, and professional fund development solutions at affordable rates.
We are seeking a Grant Writing Coordinator to support all aspects of grant proposal development and grant writing for our clients. The new member of our team will contribute to writing and editing grant applications as well as creating prospect research reports. They will also be responsible for project management and coordination between team members and clients.
All work will take place in Brampton, Ontario, at the Brampton Entrepreneur Centre (located at 41 George Street South, Brampton). This is a part-time, contract position for up to 25 hours per week.
Reporting to the President, the Grant Writing Coordinator will have the primary responsibility of reviewing, editing and submitting grant proposals.
- Review and edit grant proposals in Microsoft Word and Google Docs ensuring they meet funder requirements, under the direction of the President.
- Track the status of grant proposals, ensuring that client proposals are completed and submitted to funders on-time.
- Meet with clients via telephone or video conferencing software (Zoom, Google Hangouts)to receive feedback and revise grant proposals.
- Proofread, edit, and submit completed grant proposals to clients and funders through email, Google Docs and online portals.
- Work out of the Brampton Entrepreneur Centre, and attend team meetings in Brampton, Ontario.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in paid grant writing, fundraising or prospect research roles.
- Exceptional writing, editing and research skills.
- University degree or College diploma is considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills, and an excellent command of the English language.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; and Google Docs for editing.
- Experience with Zoom, or Google hangouts to conduct meetings is considered an asset.
- Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents will be given preference.
The successful candidate will be evaluated on their:
- Ability to complete and submit client proposals within timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to complete reviews and edits/revisions of grant proposals revisions on-time.
- Feedback from clients following grant proposal revision process.
- Ability to generate successful outcomes from funding agencies.
- Reliability and professionalism when communicating with staff and clients.
We offer the following benefits:
- Social gatherings – we occasionally get together as a team at client events, galas, or social gatherings
- Professional development – all team members are invited to attend any workshops in trainings that we offer on fundraising, grant writing, sponsorship, or other areas of professional development
- Work-life balance – we are happy to work around your schedule, and can accommodate appointments, or a flexible work start or end time (perfect for any caregivers).
This is a part-time position starting the week of Monday April 13, 2020 for the duration of one (1) year. There may be an opportunity for an extension of the contract based on your success. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will grow with the company to a full-time position in 2021.
The application deadline is Monday March 30, 2020.
All candidates who are invited for an in-person interview in Brampton, will will be required to complete a case study, and will have 45 minutes to complete the task on-site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all abilities and backgrounds. We are compliant with AODA legislation and will comply with accessibility needs of our candidates. Please indicate if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process.